Updated July 1, 2020
As the Global COVID-19 Pandemic continues, resources for nursing and health sciences faculty will be consolidated on this page. Please check back often. All resources will include the date added to this page, but each linked page may have more recent information.
John's Hopkins Center for Health Security
Recommendations for Improving National Nurse Preparedness for Pandemic Response: Early Lessons from COVID-19
Self-Care Resources for Healthcare Workers
Equity and Inclusion
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Resources
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities COVID-19 Site (5/28/20)
Proctoring Resources Sharepoint Site - must click request access (06/22/20)
Higher Education Planning Guides - General
Academic-Practice Partnership Development
One potential solution to maintaining clinical learning experiences during the COVID-19 Pandemic is to establish local academic-practice partnerships. This model has students working in paid positions while also learning. In Minnesota State, we have done this with our Summer Nurse Internships. Please look at this webpage for more information to help you evaluate this option. (6/26/20)
Regulatory and Accreditation Resources
Online Teaching Resources - General
Online Teaching Resources - Nursing-specific
Virtual Simulation Resources
- INACSL has a COVID-19 and Virtual Learning Resource List here. (5/28/20) This includes:
- Press Releases - from various agencies
- Webinars - including webinar recordings
- Publications and Research Articles - evidence for you!
- Virtual Curriculum Teaching Tools - PPE Donning & Doffing microsim, resources for clinical replacement
- Association Resources - various associations targeting more specific areas of nursing.
- University Resources - virtual hospital, case studies, virtual simulation scenarios, video-based scenarios, etc.
- Corporate Resources - resources from companies, some of which you likely have subscriptions with, some are free without being a member.
- Social Media - includes a WhatsApp group for sharing COVID-19 simulation resources
- My INACSL Community - for members (cost is $140 annually)
- Policy Change Efforts
- Other - including WHO free self-paced courses
- Sign up for weekly updates on new list additions here.
- Laerdal COVID-19 Resource Center (5/28/20)
- Free scenarios
- Webinars on how to use the scenarios
- Free virtual COVID-19 case simulation
- PPE training
- Manikin cleaning and hygiene
- Action planning
- Research and links
- Simulation Canada (5/28/20)
- COVID-19 Sim Scenarios & Exercises broken down by specialties
- PPE and Self-Care
- Distance & Virtual Simulations
- Weekly drop-in videoconference Tuesdays 1pm Central Time
- Free SIM Chat platform
- Virtual Sim options
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare COVID-19 Resources (5/28/20)
- Webinars with recordings of past webinars
- PPE information, videos, simulations
- Social Media groups dedicated to simulation during COVID-19
- Various COVID-19 Simulation Resource Links
Nursing Assistant Resources (note many of the above resources apply to Nursing Assistant as well)
N95 Fit Testing Resources
Simulation Center Resources
Note: The presence of any link on this webpage does not endorse the content of the linked websites. These links are for informational purposes only.
If you have resources to add to this website, or for questions or concerns, please contact Jennifer Eccles, PhD RN, at email@example.com